I began my tech life in 1985 and still owe that student loan today. Total Technical Institute did not help me find work. I even have that information from those days. Everything has a time constraint, and usually a very short one, but I kept giving myself hope anyways. Nothing below was simple or easy. I always worked as hard as I could to successfully complete any contract or task on a job with hopes of referrals or more work, but after being told what a great job I did, no more work was provided. I know contracts were available or else the person would not have a job, but I guess they were given to a male. I think I was used to hype up their statistics report of women technicians hired. Of course, the information below is written without any of the negatives. I'm willing to answer any of your questions about technical life so just ask, please.
* My background below includes a wide variety of technology and customer service experiences. Am very technical, analytical, meticulous and detail-oriented.
* 1985 to present technology professional with diverse computer technical training and experience
* Combined diverse experiences and training provide lifelong skills such as, ease of adapting to change, working with many personalities in a variety of environments, and learning a wide variety of business models
* Provide customer service both on the phone, in person, and online
* 30+ years working with customers within contract positions and independently via phone, online, or in person
* Diverse background including, food serving, factory, receptionist, customer service onsite or phone, cashier, miscellaneous industrial labor, vending machine attendant, independent labor and computer servicing contracts, interior and exterior painter
* Study webcasting, SEO, Google, Ecommerce, Website Designs, Social Networks, Blogs, etc.
From 2007 to the present
* Worked temporary labor, sold personal items at flea markets, and had some family support.
Various Information Technology Contract Assignments 6/1993 – 9/2007
West at www.westathome.com (contract 3/2007-09/2007)
* Answer inbound calls at home for Sears Home Repair, Virgin Mobile, and HSN.
* Process orders working with personal and credit card information.
Vicomp Helpdesk (Contract 9/2006-11/2006)
* Technical Support for Applebees and other restaurants across the country.
Standby Screw (Contract 3/2006-7/2006)
* Machine operator making metal parts and testing tolerance.
RAN Associates (Contract 10/2005-11/2005)
* Setup computerized voting machines for 2005 general elections.
Deployment Solutions-Vanco (Contract 3/2005-6/2005)
* Install Cisco routers at various locations in Ohio and Kentucky.
BEF-FUJI (Contract 8/2004-9/2004)
* Upgrade servers at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club One Hour Photo labs in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Minnesota
* Connect server to new T1 line for customers to upload their digital film orders via Internet
* Upgrade hardware and software on onsite Digital Photo Computers.
Netdoc (On Call) 6/2002 – 1/2004
* Extensive Virus cleanup on company PC, install SBC DSL Home Portal, setup router/DSL configuration, network and PC technician.
Edgewater Yacht Club (Project 5/2002)
* Install a Cat 5 cable from a computer to a DSL router.
Unisys 8/1998 - 5/2002
* Network Technical Support for Defense Finance and Accounting Service wide WAN covering 30 sites in the continental United States, Hawaii, Japan, and Germany.
* Work as WAN network support on DFAS world wide 22K node Tier 2 Level Help Desk.
* Troubleshoot WAN communication, LAN user, and WAN application access.
Austin Nichols Technical (Sprint PCS Contract 5/1998 - 8/1998)
* Service & support 50+ users on Windows 95 clients on a Windows NT 3.51 server network.
* Reconfigure laptops for field service personnel in charge of tower setup.
Command Personnel (Unisys Contract 11/1997 - 3/1998)
* Convert Windows workstations from token ring to ethernet on the Cleveland Center DFAS network
* Upgrade several workstations swapping out PCs and transferring data to new ones
* Customer service representative for corporate customers and sales staff
* Maintain computer training room and office computers; customer on-site troubleshooting; instructor, and customer service
* College campus - Lab Aide and student tutoring in Honeywell Mainframe, IBM, and Macintosh Labs
* Retail Sales - Assist customers in purchasing computer peripherals and software
* Transfer Ohio new hire confidential information from disk and tape to a database for the State of Ohio.
FORMAL TRADITIONAL EDUCATION:
* Ohio Center for Broadcasting, Sept 2006-Nov 2006
* Hondros College, Sept 2006
Life and Health Insurance
* Lorain County Community College, June 1993
Associate of Applied Business in CIS: Computer Programming Emphasis
* Total Technical Institute, June 1986
Applied Associates in Electronics Telecommunications and Robotics
* Certified Novell Administrator 4.11, May 1998
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer NT 4.0, December 1999
* Microsoft Exchange 5.5, December 1999
NetWare 4.11 Advanced Administration, July 1998
HARDWARE: building, setting up, and troubleshooting 286 up to present PCs and servers.
SOFTWARE: Microsoft from DOS up to present; various IBM compatible packages over the years since 1990
* Test LAN/WAN issues using, ping, tracert, telnet, ssh & netstat
* Connect and work with Cisco routers and switches
* Scan using Symantec, McAfee, ClamWin, or Lavasoft
* Trouble ticket reporting system using Remedy 3.x
Installation, Upgrade, Setup, Configuration, and Maintenance:
* Perform configurations on Internet settings in Internet Explorer, Netscape, and Mozilla Firefox browsers
* Install Microsoft desktop and server operating systems from DOS to Microsoft Server 2000
* Transfer data files for an upgrade in Microsoft Windows environments
* Use various remote access software
VARIOUS BACKUP, EMAIL, CHAT, AND INTERNET SYSTEMS:
* Use Colorado for PC backups and Arcserve 6.0 for Enterprise network backups
* PC: Netscape, Incredimail, Outlook Express, Outlook 97 and up, Eudora, CC:Mail, Yahoo!, Gmail, Thunderbird
* Network: Familiar with Exchange 5.5
* Internet: Netmeeting, PCAnywhere, GotoMeeting, Liveperson, Ustream, YouTube, Vimeo, Skype, AIM, YIM, and other video/chat platforms.
* FileZilla FTP, Ebay/Etsy/Amazon upload/configuration formats, GoDaddy control panel, various cell phone settings, laptop configuration settings, and many other various platforms related to settings, configurations, uploads, downloads, or back office tasks.
* Study Active Directory properties, structure, and functions on a network
* Worked with Microsoft Office products
* Familiar with relational database structures, several programming languages, and desktop publishing
* Familiar with apps, Apple products, HTML and website development.